Thursday, June 30, 2011

my name is kaylea..

ya know that keri hilson song, pretty girl rock? well, i love it. when i'm blaring it in my car, i always feel like such a b.a woman. i love that keri calls herself pretty in that song. i mean, she should, she's a babe. and ya know what? so am i.


being pregnant makes me think about motherhood and womanhood a lot. i love being a woman. i love having a butt and boobs and hips and thighs. i love that i'm creating a baby inside of me. i love that i have this growing bump to remind me of how awesome i am.



i haven't always been so kind to my body. i've struggled with body image issues since i was 15 and it's taken a lot of counseling and love from my family to help me realize that i am pretty...no matter what the number on the scale says or the size of my jeans. you see, when i don't stress about every little calorie or beat myself up about eating too many desserts, my body looks better and feels better. health is pretty.



i hope that if this little babe is a girl, that she knows how beautiful she is. and i know she'll be a looker because i'm her mama.



oh, and if it's a boy, i hope he knows that i'm real sorry that he's gonna be so petite. on the plus side, he'll be fine like his daddy.



k, so the moral of this post is: love your body. and go buy "pretty girl rock" on itunes stat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I think you're gorgeous Kaylea! :) Keep up that beautiful outlook on life!!

Kaylea said...

and you are one hott mama, holly!